Next Phase Legal LLC is pleased to announce the Mediation Roadshow, a clinic designed to bring expert dispute resolution services to our communities in a comfortable and affordable environment.
Conflict comes in various forms and is a part of our daily lives. Unresolved conflicts, whether with a former spouse or co-parent, family member, or neighbor, brings with it a significant impact on our quality of life, and can negatively affect our communities.
People in conflict need assistance to help solve the problem or problems they face. Traditional options may not fit the bill in a number of ways—whether they are too formal and stressful, really expensive, or involve a slow timeline. Not surprisingly, more and more people are unable or unwilling to spend thousands of dollars on attorneys and subject themselves to the oftentimes frustrating court-based process that is adversarial and tends to increase conflict rather than encourage creative problem-solving.
This is where our community and family-focused mediation clinic, The Mediation Roadshow, comes in. Yes, you can applaud now if you would like.
Our goal is to make experienced dispute resolution professionals available simplified scheduling and reduced costs. Services are provided at our main office in Medfield, Massachusetts.
Is Your Family Legal Matter Right for this Clinic?
The Mediation Roadshow is a good option if you have conflict with another person and the issue or issues are relatively contained. Just as you might not go to a walk-in medical clinic for major surgery, the Mediation Roadshow is not the place for highly complicated matters. Yes, we can help with that type of conflict, and do so on a regular basis, but this clinic is not the right forum to work through every detail of your divorce for example. Appointment times are limited so we can help a number of people each session.
Many types of legal issue can be solved with the assistance of trained dispute resolution professionals – and when each side is willing to listen and consider a compromise. Some examples of problems that would be a good fit for the Mediation Roadshow include:
- Conflict between unmarried couples over limited issues, such as expense sharing, pets, real estate, etc.
- Changes to your parenting plan. Are you divorced or never-married parents, and need assistance revising your parenting schedule?
- Disagreements among parents regarding where a child should attend school.
- Child support modifications and payment of children's expenses for medical bills, extra-curricular activities, etc.
- Conflict regarding aging parents and elder care.
- Adult children moving back home – i.e. contributions to expenses, etc.
- Conflict between students, in high school or college (parental permission needed for minors).
How does the Mediation Clinic work?
There are a few procedures for the clinic. Below are some of the most important ones, but if your case is accepted, you will receive additional information prior to your appointment. If we do not feel your case is appropriate for this format, then please feel free to inquire about other options.
- Each case is scheduled for a 45-minute session. There are no walk-ins allowed. If your dispute is not resolved in 45 minutes, then an additional 45-minute session may be scheduled if requested by all parties. Most likely, this will be on another date unless we have a light schedule or a cancellation following your session.
- To submit your dispute, please complete the intake form on our website. Forms that are not fully completed cannot be considered. We must perform a conflict-check in advance of providing any assistance.
- All involved parties must complete the online intake form as the first step. We are not able to contact the other side on your behalf and see if they will attend due to time limitations and the nature of this program. Remember, we are trying to keep this program affordable.
- Mediation is a voluntary process, so all involved parties must agree to attend.
Fees: This program is designed to be affordable. Fees are lower than charged for our regular mediation services, and much less than paying an attorney a sizable retainer.
- Each party pays $100.00 for a 45-minute session. If a second meeting is scheduled, the cost is the same.
- Participant fees are due at least three days before your scheduled appointment, and payable by cash, credit/debit card, or check. The easiest way to pay is with a credit/debit card online. We will send you a statement in advance with a link to pay securely online.
- Participants must fully complete and return the Participation Agreement prior their appointment time.
- There are no guarantees that your case will resolve.
- Confidentiality: All services are confidential. Nothing discussed in mediation may be used as evidence in a later court action, if one should be necessary.
- Scheduling: You will be notified of your appointment time, and may request a a date per the clinic's schedule.
Do you have more questions? Here are FAQs about the Mediation Roadshow.
Where is the Mediation Roadshow?
The Mediation Roadshow sessions are held at Next Phase Legal LLC's office, which is located at 266 Main Street, Suite 16, in Medfield, Massachusetts. The Mediation Roadshow is currently limited to cases where at least one involved party resides within or an involved business or organization is located in or near one of the following Massachusetts towns: