1. Massachusetts Probate and Family Court website: The court website has lots of good information, including court addresses and even some forms for you “do-it-yourself” types.
2. MA Child Support Guidelines / Department of Revenue: The MA DOR has much helpful information online about child support – specifically their collection and enforcement programs. They also keep current versions of the Massachusetts child support guidelines handy.
3. Approved Parent Education Classes: Parents seeking a divorce in MA must complete a mandatory parenting class. Don’t worry, it is not as bad as it sounds and you’ll probably learn some techniques to work with the other parent during and after the divorce.
Probate & Family Court Addresses and Contact Information
First, sometimes court locations may change due to construction projects, etc. For instance the Essex County Probate and Family Court in Salem is now operating out of a temporary location. if you are not sure where you are going, please check with your lawyer, check the court website, or even call the courthouse main number if necessary.
Here is a list of the Probate & Family Courts for our surrounding counties:
1. Norfolk Probate and Family Court, 35 Shawmut Road, Canton, MA. (781) 830-1200
2. Middlesex Probate and Family Court, 201 Cambridge Avenue, Cambridge, MA. (781) 768-5800
- Located nearby, is another building used by the court, known as the annex. It is located at 121 Third Street, Cambridge.
- The court also conducts a satellite session in Marlborough
3. Bristol County Probate and Family Court, 40 Broadway Street, Suite 240, Taunton, MA (508) 977-6040
- The Bristol Probate and Family Court has two other locations, including:
505 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA
289 Rock Street, Fall River, MA
The link above will take you to Bristol’s own website, which is separate from the other state court websites, but it has helpful information provided by the Register’s Office.
4. Plymouth County Probate and Family Court, 52 Obery Street, Plymouth, MA (508) 747-6204
- 2nd location: 215 Main Street, Brockton, MA
MA Divorce and Family Law Resources provided by Next Phase Legal of Norfolk, Massachusetts.